If you do not want to agree to these Agreements, your only option is not to access or use our website, our Services, or close your account.
Our website is a platform to provide you and/or your child with career assessment and educational tools to increase self-awareness, promote educational opportunities, and to provide a strong foundation for personal and professional growth. Our Services vary and are designed for users from young school-age children to adults and professionals. Through our website you can purchase any of our Services and access our web-based assessment products, such as our COPSystem web-based assessments.
Accessing the Website and Account Security
To access our website and use some of our Services, you must create an account. To create an account, you must provide certain registration details and other information. As a condition of your ability to use our website, you must provide us with accurate, current, and complete information. You will also be required to create a password.
The way we handle your information is governed by our Privacy Statement.
If you wish to make any use of material on the Website other than that set out in this section, please address your request to: email@example.com.
Information about You and Your Visits to the Website
All information we collect on this website is subject to our Privacy Statement. By using the website, you consent to all actions taken by us with respect to your information in compliance with the Privacy Statement.
Communications with Us
When you communicate with us, including via email, we cannot guarantee those communications will remain confidential. When you send us any communications, you acknowledge the originality of any submission communicated to us and accept entire responsibility for its accuracy, appropriateness, and legality (including that it is in compliance with any federal or state intellectual property statutes, regulations, and common law rules). If you wish to remain anonymous, please specify this in the body of the email itself and we will do our best to respect your wishes.
All purchases through our website or other transactions for our Services made through the website are as a result of visits made by you.
Links to Other Sites
From time to time, the EdITS website may provide links to other websites, not owned or controlled by EdITS, that we think might be useful or of interest to you. We cannot, however, be responsible for the privacy practices used by other website owners or the content or accuracy of those other websites. Links to such other websites do not constitute or imply our endorsement of these websites, any products or services described on these sites, or of any other material contained in them.
We are based in the State of California in the United States. We provide this website for use only by persons located in the United States. We make no claims that the website or any of its content is accessible or appropriate outside of the United States. Access to the website may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access the website from outside the United States, you do so on your own initiative, at your own risk, and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
- In any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local, or international law or regulation (including, without limitation, any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the United States or other countries).
- For the purpose of exploiting, harming, or attempting to exploit or harm minors in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable information or otherwise.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use, or re-use any material that does not comply with our Agreements
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material, without our prior written consent, including any "junk mail", "chain letter," or "spam" or any other similar solicitation
- To impersonate or attempt to impersonate EdITS, one of our employees, another user, or any other person or entity (including, without limitation, by using their email addresses or usernames)
- To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone's use or enjoyment of the website or our Services, or which, as determined by us, may harm us or our users, or expose them to liability
Additionally, you agree not to:
- Use the website in any way that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the site or interfere with anyone’s use of the website or our Services
- Use any robot, spider, or any other automatic device, process, or means to access the website or our Services for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any material
- Use any manual process to monitor or copy any of the material from the website or our Services for any other unauthorized purpose without our prior written and specific consent
- Use any device, software, or routine that interferes with the proper working of the website or our Services
- Introduce any viruses, trojan horses, worms, logic bombs, or other code which is malicious or technologically harmful
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage, or disrupt any parts of the website or our Services, the server on which we store that information, or any server, computer or database connected to the website
- Attack the website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack
- Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website
Disclaimer of Warranties
You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy your particular requirements for anti-virus protection and accuracy of data input and output, and for maintaining a means external to our site for any reconstruction of any lost data. No data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% safe. Thus, we cannot warrant that your information will be absolutely secure. EdITS has a variety of safeguards – technical, administrative, and physical – in place to help protect against unauthorized access to, use, or disclosure of user information. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY A DISTRIBUTED DENIAL-OF-SERVICE ATTACKS, VIRUSES, OR OTHER TECHNOLOGICALLY HARMFUL MATERIAL THAT MAY INFECT YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, COMPUTER PROGRAMS, DATA, OR OTHER PROPRIETARY MATERIAL DUE TO YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR TO YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY MATERIAL POSTED ON IT, OR ON ANY WEBSITE LINKED TO IT. YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. NEITHER EDITS NOR ANY PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH EDITS MAKES ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WITH RESPECT TO THE COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, ACCURACY OR AVAILABILITY OF THE WEBSITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, NEITHER EDITS NOR ANYONE ASSOCIATED WITH EDITS REPRESENTS OR WARRANTS THAT THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, ERROR-FREE OR UNINTERRUPTED, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, THAT OUR SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS OR THAT THE WEBSITE OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE WILL OTHERWISE MEET YOUR NEEDS OR EXPECTATIONS.
EDITS HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY WARRANTIES WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Limitations on Liability
IN NO EVENT WILL EDITS, ITS AFFILIATES, OR THEIR LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS, OR DIRECTORS BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE WEBSITE, ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO IT, OUR SERVICES, OR ANY OTHER CONTENT ON THE WEBSITE, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY LIABILITY WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
Limitation on Time to File Claims
Our Contact Information
We encourage you to reach out at any point with questions, comments, or concerns about our Privacy Statement or your Personal Information. Our website, www.edits.net, is operated by Educational and Industrial Testing Service (“EdITS”). You can contact us at our:
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 7234, San Diego, CA 92167
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone Number: (800) 416-1666 (toll free)